THAMES VALLEY CHAPTER
Covid-19 Group Ride-out Rules
We are sure you are all frustrated with the postponement of so many organised ride-outs this year due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and lockdown rules associated with it!
Moving forward and taking into account the recent relaxing of the lockdown rules, your Committee has been working on ways to put on ride-outs for paid up Thames Valley Chapter Members. This has not been an easy exercise due to the number of lockdown rules still in place.
We hope you can appreciate that as per the Government guidelines, we are limited to a maximum of 6 people from different households meeting up. To manage this and the potential that these ride-outs will attract a large number of members, we have put together the following rules to ensure the ride-outs can take place, stay within the Government’s guidelines and ensure everyone can have a good time.
- HOG have suggested that all Chapters should not wear cuts or Thames Valley Chapter patches/ HOG logos until further notice. We feel this is something we will abide with to protect HOG’s image.
- Ride-outs will be arranged by the Thames Valley RC and details posted on the Chapter Calendar in advance.
- Pre-booking for all ride-outs via Eventbrite. Details of how to book a place on the ride will be posted along with the ride details.
- Where a large number of members sign up to a ride-out, they will be split into smaller groups ie a maximum of 6 people including pillions and the Thames Valley RC.
- Pillions are welcome but must be from the same household as the rider and be paid up Chapter members. Please note pilions must also sign up for the ride-out.
- It will be the responsibility of the Thames Valley RC to organise start times/meeting places to ensure that we do not have a large number of bikes meeting up in a single place.
- All rides are for members that have signed up via the Eventbrite page. Any members that turn up without having signed up will not be permitted to join the ride-out.
- Please note, there will be no ride-outs planned to any cafes or places that are considered too popular to maintain social distancing.
- The majority of ride-outs will be a circular route that will not include any stops.
- Where longer ride-outs are planned and require a stop, this will be by prior arrangement and agreement of the Thames Valley RC and ride participants. Ride-out participants can bring along refreshments/picnics on these rides to enjoy at the pre-arranged stop whilst maintaining social distancing in groups of up to 6 people.
- Social distancing rules must be adhered to at all times. The wearing of masks/face coverings is advised. Please note that you are responsible for your own safety and that we as a Chapter and Thames Valley RC’s cannot be held liable.
- Should you or your pillion notice any symptoms linked to Covid-19 prior to the ride-out, you must contact the Thames Valley Head RC to cancel your place (email@example.com).
- Where possible ride-outs will include a lead and tail from members of the Thames Valley RC (including trainee RC). If there is not enough RC available it may be necessary to adopt the “buddy system” so that the ride can still go ahead. The RC taking the ride will discuss this with the ride participants to ensure they are aware of how this system operates prior to setting off.
- All briefings including the HOG disclaimer will be carried out by the RC in an open area where the 2 metre distancing can be adhered to.
Head Road Captain
Thames Valley HOG